Chattahoochee Hospice Inc is a medicare-certified hospice facility in Valley, Alabama. It is a for profit hospice and this hospice is a Freestanding Hospice. It is located at 6 Medical Park North in Valley, Alabama. You can reach out to the office of Chattahoochee Hospice Inc via phone at (334) 736-8043
Chattahoochee Hospice Inc is first approved in January, 1990 to provide medicare and/or medicaid services and its CMS certification number (CCN) is 011524. Atlanta is the CMS Regional Office responsible for the certification of this hospice.
|Name||Chattahoochee Hospice Inc|
|Location||6 Medical Park North, Valley, Alabama|
|Ownership Type||Proprietary - Corporation|
|Profit Type||FOR PROFIT|
|SSA county code||080|
NPI associated with this Hospice
A hospice usually have one NPI number but sometimes it may have multiple NPI numbers. We have found possible NPI number/s associated with Chattahoochee Hospice Inc from NPPES records by matching pattern on the basis of name, address, phone number etc. Please use this information accordingly.
|Organization Name||Chattahoochee Hospice Inc|
|Address||6 Medical Park North Valley, Alabama, 36854|
Quality of Patient Care at Chattahoochee Hospice Inc
Hospice staff should discuss treatment preferences and patient beliefs and values with patients and/or caregivers. They should also identify and provide interventions to address pain, shortness of breath and constipation (caused by opioids) to improve patient comfort and quality of life. Chattahoochee Hospice Inc has the following score in these measures of patient care.Better than National Average Worse than National Average
|Quality Measure||Provider Score||National Score|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about treatment preferences like hospitalization and resuscitation at the beginning of hospice care||97.8||98.3|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about their beliefs and values at the beginning of hospice care||84.8||93.6|
|Patients who were checked for pain at the beginning of hospice care||70.3||93.9|
|Patients who got a timely and thorough pain assessment when pain was identified as a problem||52.4||77.7|
|Patients who were checked for shortness of breath at the beginning of hospice care||98.6||97.3|
|Patients who got timely treatment for shortness of breath||67.3||94.6|
|Patients taking opioid pain medication who were offered care for constipation||Not Available||93.3|
Services Provided by Chattahoochee Hospice Inc:
Hospice provide various services either through their own staff or through third-party arrangements. Find the list of services provided by Chattahoochee Hospice Inc below:
- By staff
- Home Health Aide Service
- Counseling Service
- Medical Social Service
- Nursing Service
- Under Arrangement
- Medical Supply Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Service
- Physical Therapy
- Short Term Inpatient care
- Speech Pathology
- Combination of Staff and Under Arrangement
- Type of Short Term Inpatient Care
Number of Full-time equivalent Employees:
Number of full time equivalent employees at Chattahoochee Hospice Inc
|Home Health Aides||3|
|Medical Social Workers ||1|
Certification Details for Chattahoochee Hospice Inc:
- August, 2016 is the initial visit of the health survey for certifications by CMS.
- It is in compliance at the time of certification survey by CMS.
- It is in compliance with CMS program requirements based on an acceptable plan for correction of deficiencies.
- It is eligible to participate in the medicare and/or medicaid program.
- Blue Cross (south Carolina) is the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), intermediary or carrier servicing this hospice.
- Current status is Active Provider.
- Reason of certification is Recertification.
- End of fiscal year is on 30, September.
Medicare Hospice CareWhat is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is a type of care and philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a chronically ill, terminally ill or
seriously ill patient's pain and symptoms, and attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. Care may be provided in a patient's
home or in a designated facility such as nursing home, hospital unit or freestanding hospice, with level of care and sometimes location
based upon frequent evaluation of the paients needs. The four primary levels of care provided by hospice are routine home care, continuous care,
general inpatient and respite care.How long can one get medicare hospice care?
Hospice care is for people with a life expectancy of 6 months or less (if the disease runs its normal course). If the person receiving hospice care live longer than 6 months, he or she can still get hospice care.
- A person can get hospice care for two 90-day benefit periods, followed by an unlimited number of 60-day benefit periods.
- At the start of each period, the hospice medical director or other hospice doctor must recertify that the person is terminally ill (with a life expectancy of 6 months or less). This step is must for continued hospice care.