Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton is a medicare-certified hospice facility in Canton, Mississippi. It is a for profit hospice and this hospice is a Part of a Home Health Agency. It is located at 1150 East Peace Street in Canton, Mississippi. You can reach out to the office of Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton via phone at (601) 855-2400
Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton is first approved in October, 2005 to provide medicare and/or medicaid services and its CMS certification number (CCN) is 251616. Atlanta is the CMS Regional Office responsible for the certification of this hospice.
|Name||Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton|
|Location||1150 East Peace Street, Canton, Mississippi|
|Category||Part of a Home Health Agency|
|Ownership Type||Proprietary - Corporation|
|Profit Type||FOR PROFIT|
|Accreditation Provider||Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP)|
|SSA county code||440|
NPI associated with this Hospice
A hospice usually have one NPI number but sometimes it may have multiple NPI numbers. We have found possible NPI number/s associated with Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton from NPPES records by matching pattern on the basis of name, address, phone number etc. Please use this information accordingly.
|Organization Name||Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton, Inc.|
|Address||1150 E Peace St Canton, Mississippi, 39046|
Quality of Patient Care at Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton
Hospice staff should discuss treatment preferences and patient beliefs and values with patients and/or caregivers. They should also identify and provide interventions to address pain, shortness of breath and constipation (caused by opioids) to improve patient comfort and quality of life. Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton has the following score in these measures of patient care.Better than National Average Worse than National Average
|Quality Measure||Provider Score||National Score|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about treatment preferences like hospitalization and resuscitation at the beginning of hospice care||Not Available||98.3|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about their beliefs and values at the beginning of hospice care||Not Available||93.6|
|Patients who were checked for pain at the beginning of hospice care||Not Available||93.9|
|Patients who got a timely and thorough pain assessment when pain was identified as a problem||Not Available||77.7|
|Patients who were checked for shortness of breath at the beginning of hospice care||Not Available||97.3|
|Patients who got timely treatment for shortness of breath||Not Available||94.6|
|Patients taking opioid pain medication who were offered care for constipation||Not Available||93.3|
Services Provided by Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton:
Hospice provide various services either through their own staff or through third-party arrangements. Find the list of services provided by Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton below:
- By staff
- Counseling Service
- Home Maker Service
- Medical Social Service
- Nursing Service
- Physician Service
- Under Arrangement
- Medical Supply Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Short Term Inpatient care
- Speech Pathology
- Combination of Staff and Under Arrangement
- Type of Short Term Inpatient Care
Number of Full-time equivalent Employees:
Number of full time equivalent employees at Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton
|Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurses||0.11|
|Medical Social Workers ||0.29|
Number of Full-time equivalent Volunteers:
Certification Details for Mid Delta Hospice Of Canton:
- October, 2005 is the initial visit of the health survey for certifications by CMS.
- It is in compliance at the time of certification survey by CMS.
- It is in compliance with CMS program requirements based on an acceptable plan for correction of deficiencies.
- It is eligible to participate in the medicare and/or medicaid program.
- Blue Cross (mississippi) is the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), intermediary or carrier servicing this hospice.
- Current status is Active Provider.
- Reason of certification is Recertification.
- End of fiscal year is on 31, December.
- Related Provider Number is 257115.
Medicare Hospice CareWhat is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is a type of care and philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a chronically ill, terminally ill or
seriously ill patient's pain and symptoms, and attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. Care may be provided in a patient's
home or in a designated facility such as nursing home, hospital unit or freestanding hospice, with level of care and sometimes location
based upon frequent evaluation of the paients needs. The four primary levels of care provided by hospice are routine home care, continuous care,
general inpatient and respite care.How long can one get medicare hospice care?
Hospice care is for people with a life expectancy of 6 months or less (if the disease runs its normal course). If the person receiving hospice care live longer than 6 months, he or she can still get hospice care.
- A person can get hospice care for two 90-day benefit periods, followed by an unlimited number of 60-day benefit periods.
- At the start of each period, the hospice medical director or other hospice doctor must recertify that the person is terminally ill (with a life expectancy of 6 months or less). This step is must for continued hospice care.