Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice is a medicare-certified hospice facility in Warwick, Rhode Island. It is a non-profit hospice and this hospice is a Part of a Home Health Agency. It is located at 475 Kilvert Street, 4th Floor in Warwick, Rhode Island. You can reach out to the office of Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice via phone at (401) 574-4900
Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice is first approved in March, 1986 to provide medicare and/or medicaid services and its CMS certification number (CCN) is 411503. Boston is the CMS Regional Office responsible for the certification of this hospice.
|Name||Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice|
|Location||475 Kilvert Street, 4th Floor, Warwick, Rhode Island|
|Category||Part of a Home Health Agency|
|Ownership Type||Voluntary Non-profit - Private|
|Accreditation Provider||Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP)|
|SSA county code||010|
NPI associated with this Hospice
A hospice usually have one NPI number but sometimes it may have multiple NPI numbers. We have found possible NPI number/s associated with Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice from NPPES records by matching pattern on the basis of name, address, phone number etc. Please use this information accordingly.
|Organization Name||Vna, Inc|
|Address||475 Kilvert St Warwick, Rhode Island, 02886|
Quality of Patient Care at Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice
Hospice staff should discuss treatment preferences and patient beliefs and values with patients and/or caregivers. They should also identify and provide interventions to address pain, shortness of breath and constipation (caused by opioids) to improve patient comfort and quality of life. Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice has the following score in these measures of patient care.Better than National Average Worse than National Average
|Quality Measure||Provider Score||National Score|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about treatment preferences like hospitalization and resuscitation at the beginning of hospice care||100.0||98.3|
|Patients or caregivers who were asked about their beliefs and values at the beginning of hospice care||100.0||93.6|
|Patients who were checked for pain at the beginning of hospice care||100.0||93.9|
|Patients who got a timely and thorough pain assessment when pain was identified as a problem||Not Available||77.7|
|Patients who were checked for shortness of breath at the beginning of hospice care||100.0||97.3|
|Patients who got timely treatment for shortness of breath||Not Available||94.6|
|Patients taking opioid pain medication who were offered care for constipation||Not Available||93.3|
Services Provided by Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice:
Hospice provide various services either through their own staff or through third-party arrangements. Find the list of services provided by Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice below:
- By staff
- Home Health Aide Service
- Counseling Service
- Medical Social Service
- Nursing Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Service
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Under Arrangement
- Medical Supply Service
- Short Term Inpatient care
- Combination of Staff and Under Arrangement
- Type of Short Term Inpatient Care
Number of Full-time equivalent Employees:
Number of full time equivalent employees at Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice
|Home Health Aides||0.25|
|Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurses||1|
|Medical Social Workers ||1.8|
Number of Full-time equivalent Volunteers:
- This hospice has undergone 2 time/s change of ownership.
- Previous change of ownership is on January , 1996.
Certification Details for Vna Of Rhode Island-hospice:
- November, 2002 is the initial visit of the health survey for certifications by CMS.
- It is in compliance at the time of certification survey by CMS.
- It is eligible to participate in the medicare and/or medicaid program.
- National Government Services is the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), intermediary or carrier servicing this hospice.
- Number assigned to the hospice by the state Medicaid agency for external control or billing purposes is 411503.
- Current status is Voluntary-merger, Closure.
- This hospice was terminated on December, 2017.
- Reason of certification is Recertification.
- End of fiscal year is on 31, December.
Hospices in Warwick
Location: 2374 Post Road, Suite 206, Warwick, Rhode Island, 02886
Phone: (401) 574-4900
Medicare Hospice CareWhat is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is a type of care and philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a chronically ill, terminally ill or
seriously ill patient's pain and symptoms, and attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. Care may be provided in a patient's
home or in a designated facility such as nursing home, hospital unit or freestanding hospice, with level of care and sometimes location
based upon frequent evaluation of the paients needs. The four primary levels of care provided by hospice are routine home care, continuous care,
general inpatient and respite care.How long can one get medicare hospice care?
Hospice care is for people with a life expectancy of 6 months or less (if the disease runs its normal course). If the person receiving hospice care live longer than 6 months, he or she can still get hospice care.
- A person can get hospice care for two 90-day benefit periods, followed by an unlimited number of 60-day benefit periods.
- At the start of each period, the hospice medical director or other hospice doctor must recertify that the person is terminally ill (with a life expectancy of 6 months or less). This step is must for continued hospice care.